Common Soft Tissue Conditions that are Treated by ART Providers.
There are many common conditions that an A.R.T. Provider can resolve that is often considered
difficult to treat in conventional physical medicine.
|Upper Extremity||Common Medical Diagnosis|
• Deep ache and pain with and without movement
• Pain with specific movement
• Difficultly sleeping at night. Cannot lie on shoulder
• Difficulty reaching behind your back
• Stuck or locked feeling
• Pain reaching across body
• Inability to achieve specific range of motion
AC Joint Sprain
Rotator Cuff Sprain/Strain
• Pain with lifting and gripping
• Ache of elbow along the back of the arm
• Difficulty straightening elbow
• Pain with pushing
|Lateral Epicondylisitis (Tennis Elbow)|
Medial Epicondylistis (Golfers Elbow)
• Numbness of Whole hand
• Numbness of 3rd and 4th fingers
• Numbers of Thumb and 1st 2 fingers
• Locking fingers or thumb
• Pain with grip
• Wrist pain with push-ups or turning jars
• Thumb pain and ache at wrist
• Pain with pinching and grasping
|Carpal Tunnel Syndrome|
De Quervains Tenosynovitis
Ulnar Nerve Impingement
Muscular Sprain Strain
|Lower Extremity||Common Medical Diagnosis|
• Pain with squatting or walking up and or down stairs
• Soreness after running or exercise acivity
• Stiffness and or ache at night
• Stiffness with position such as sitting or driving
• Locking and clicking feelings
|Patellar Tracking Disorders|
Osgood Schlatter Disease
• Pain with walking
• Pain with first step in the morning
• Burning aching of instep
• Foot cramping
• Hip ache with sitting, standing, sleeping
• Pain of back of leg
• Leg weakness
• Knee and foot issues
|Spine ||Common Medical Diagnosis|
|Low Back Pain|
• Sleeping, turning over in bed. No comfortable position
• Rising from chairs
• Bending over
• Feeling of being twisted and can’t straighten up
• Chronic stiffness
Degenerative Disc Disease
• Difficult turning head in a direction
• Headaches (back of head, temple or eye(s) )
• Overall stiffness or ache
Dengenerative Disc Disease
|Mid Back Issues|
• Pain along shoulder blades
• Pain with a deep breath
• Pain with rotation or movement
• Stiffness that is never relieved
Your problem may be a simple fix but that doesn't mean it's easy.
The first and most import question to ask is whether or not ART is the right tool for your problem.This serious question leads you to the most appropriate tool for the puzzle your trying to solve. The most appropriate tool can be determined by your physician.
Here's a dirty little secret about soft tissue problems. They can often be very simple problems to address.
ART providers treat a very common and misunderstand problem.The focus of ART is treatment of loss of tissue movement due to adhesion or scarring. It's common to experience a wide range of pain levels from this unexpected source. Adhesion or scar tissue forms within or around tissue when exposed tofriction,pressure or tension. These pressures can be a result of daily repetitive movements or positions. Scar formation is an inevitable result from injury from sports, micro-injuries from repetitive movements and surgery.
Adhesions or scarring formbetween the planes of movement of our tissue. Sometimes this results in pressure on a nerve. Sometimes adhesions form between the fascia of muscles. Sometimes adhesions or scarring results stiff joint capsule. Whatever your tissue mobility problem may be, a skilled ART provider detects your tissue movement qualities with his/her hands. Manyproblems cannot be detected with imageing studes such as an MRI, X-ray or Ultrasound. A problem that is not understood at it's source can be effectively treated. A problem that cannot be detected with the hands cannot be treated. A provider cannot find what is not understand and cannot effectively treat what cannot be felt with the hands.
The treatment of tissue means moving the tissue beneath your hands by applying one of the over six hundred protocols that have been mapped out by Dr. Micheal Leahy. ART providers are trained to detect the independent movement of tissues as they translate in movement. The provider uses a specific contact, tension and movement to restore tissue movement quality. Good agreeable sensations are ideal for optimal results.
Results are what it's all about.ART sessions are fast and effective. Most clients experience dramatic results within minutes of beginning treatment. This is simply because ART treatment is very specific to anatomical structure as the entire system of movement is addressed.
Dave refers back to your referring physician or chiropractors office upon completion of the treatment plan so your physician maintains control of your care.